- 100% Mao Bamboo: extremely light and exceptionally strong
- Premium Felt Backing with Rubber nodules: suitable for hard floors or carpet
- Rolls up lilke a rug: for easy placement and portability
- ECO Friendly
- Beautiful finish available in Natural colour: not only does it compliment your decor, it looks like a piece of furniture in its own right
- 6mm thick slats that are 5cm wide
- Big discounts on larger quantities, please contact us for a quote
- No minimum order ... Yes you can order just 1 !
Long sections of mature Moso Bamboo (Philostachis Pubescens) are crushed and broken down into long strands, still half strung together whilst their parallel orientation is maintained. They are then coated with modern German Klumpp resin and pressed together with heat into a mould to form a block 1.9m long and 100mm wide and 150mm deep with a force of 5700 tones. These blocks are then sawn into boards, machined top and bottom,
They are then coated and cured under UV light with 6 separate coats of special polyurethane which produces a quality finish far superior to one which can be achieved when Bamboo is sanded and coated with air-drying stains.
The difference in procedure between natural and carbonized Fibre strand woven Bamboo Flooring is that the carbonized blocks have had a higher and longer heat treatment. The carbonizing effect is uniform throughout the profile of the board and is permanent. Interestingly, the carbonized, with a hardness of 15.5 kpa is slightly harder than the natural with a hardness of 14.5 Kpa because of the massive amount of pressure applied.